Monday, February 15, 2010

Souvenir Plant

Agave attenuata

Whenever I have a chance to stroll in a new place, I like looking at the gardens for inspiration and sometimes souvenirs.  It is my observation that a unique plant often exist in any given area.  During a family trip to the coast last week, I saw this plant in a lot of places including the gardens of the Mission in San Luis Obispo.  It looked  beautiful and it is one of the few exciting plants in February.  It is commonly called "Fox Tail Agave" or "Swan's Neck Agave."  Scientifically, it is known as Agave attenuata.

Planted: February 10, 2010
Source:  San Simeon, CA

This is a clone of that same plant and is now in my garden.  I got it from the garden of El Chorlito Restaurant in San Simeon.  I looked for the smallest plantlet hidden underneath all the bigger leaves that's why it looks pale.  It will be interesting to see how it will do here away from the coast. 

By the way, the food at El Chorlito was great!  You also enjoy the great view of the ocean while you dine.  I thought I needed to say this blurb as a way of expressing my gratitude for the free plant souvenir from their garden. 

2 comments:

Tarps UK said...

Thank you so much for this information. I appreciate to this content. this is unique content. I hope you like this my comment then keep it up to this work. White Tarpaulin

Tarps UK said...

A true masterpiece of thought and expression, your article encapsulates the essence of human experience in a way that is both captivating and enlightening. PVC Tarpaulin

Related Posts with Thumbnails