Friday, May 21, 2010

Repotting Cymbidium


I transferred the cymbidiums from their original one-gallon pots to three-gallon ones.  Orchid mixes are very expensive so I am experimenting on cheaper alternatives.  In the forests where these orchids (not the hybrids) originate, they are growing under and on trees or in between dead plant materials.  They don't require a specified formula of potting mix.   I used ordinary semi-composted bark mulch and added some Perlite and a handful of potting soil.  Some experts might question the ingredients but this is my experiment.  It is hard to convince myself into using imported materials like coconut parts and pay huge amounts of money.  I'd like to train my orchids to go local.  :)

2 comments:

Tarps UK said...

Hoped you like this compliment. I liked this content too much. Thanks for this nice information. Tarpaulins save to any flowers and fruits. Tarps used in gardens. Heavy Duty tarpaulin

Tarps UK said...

Your thoughts on lifelong learning are both insightful and motivating. Your article highlights the transformative power of curiosity and growth. Thank you for encouraging us to embrace learning as a lifelong adventure. waterproof tarp

Related Posts with Thumbnails