Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sedum 'Autumn Joy'

Sedum 'Autumn Joy'

Sedum 'Autumn Joy' is probably one of the best perennial plants that I've ever planted in my garden.   Some may judge a plant by the appearance of the flowers but these is not the case here.  My regard for this plant is based from its ability to maintain a beautiful presence throughout the seasons. The plant starts out gray-green (as seen in the picture) and grows up to be upright with increased tinge of yellow.  The flowers develop into the summer and last till winter.  This plant is drought tolerant which is good for the forgetful gardener.

Right now, my Sedum 'Autumn Joy' is just beginning to emerge from the ground.   More stems from the same plant emerge every year.  I love this picture of new growth-stubs emerging behind the old stems. 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails