Thursday, August 4, 2016

Poppies


Poppies

Poppies always fascinate me. 
Stilted on long skinny stalks, they dance to the slightest wind. 
Delicate yet intensely colored petals wave at me
Drawing my eyes to the unopened buds
Demure and tender, they are blanketed in trichomes 
Carefully they peep through a slit making sure the sun is out...
And like parasols they unfurl to add color to the field
As they join in the dance.
Happy are the fields where poppies dance.
~~~

There are no poppies in my garden but if I could command any plant to do something I would say to the poppy to grow beautifully in my garden.   But because I cannot do that, I drew poppies instead. This is my first attempt to sketch poppies.  Someday I might sketch a more realistic version of this subject. :) 

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails